The San Francisco Federal Executive Board (SFFEB) is the hub of the Federal Community in the Bay Area & Northern California. It serves as a vital link to intergovernmental coordination by identifying common ground & building cooperative relationships across the 9-County Bay Area & Northern California. The SFFEB represents approximately 70,000 federal, postal and military employees at 461 Federal Agencies & Offices throughout the nine bay area counties (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma) as well as the de facto support of Federal Employees throughout the 34 counties of Northern & Central California for projects & programs including the annual Combined Federal Campaign.
The Members of the SFFEB Governing Council are the senior executives of the representative agencies. The Governing Council meets monthly to address agency concerns at the policy level.
The SFFEB and all Federal Executive Boards (FEBs) have the following operation framework:
- Emergency Preparedness and Employee Safety & Health
- Workforce Development Readiness and HR Lifecycle
- Strategic Partnerships & Intergovernmental Affairs
Through the combined efforts of our senior Federal leadership we:
- Provide communication between Federal agencies during emergencies.
- Provide & administrate Leadership Training Programs.
- Recognize exemplary work & employees through the Federal Employees of the Year Awards.
- Connect to our local community through outreach projects.
- Provide local training for our Federal workforce to reduce travel dollars.
- Are poised to facilitate large interagency projects.
- Share special skills & resources between agencies including mediation, training, translation support, and recruitment activities.
In these times of budget cutbacks, FEBs are critical to the future success of the Federal government. Connecting local agency offices to your local FEB is the best way to stretch your budget and collaborate with local leaders.