We are the hub of the Bay Area Federal agencies, connecting through communication, coordination and collaboration.
SFFEB focuses on three areas of federal management: emergency preparedness, workforce development and intergovernmental cooperation.
SFFEB is a leader in cross agency communication and collaboration, implementing national initiatives, and creating leadership development and training opportunities.
Public Service, Integrity, Diversity, Stewardship, Community, Collaboration
The San Francisco Bay Area FEB will deliver services under three major Lines of Business.
- Maintain and expand FEB and membership participation in cross-sector emergency preparedness networks, e.g., RISC, Meta Leadership Community.
- Support the interagency FEB Continuity Working Group (CWG)
- Encourage minimum quarterly CWG meetings with briefings or training topics selected by the Steering Committee
- Operate an all-hazards emergency communication plan and Crisis Management Team
- Link to GSA’s emergency communication system to back up USP3 reduced services
- Conduct quarterly emergency notification tests and participate in national level exercises, as requested
- Hold a training and exercise with the FEB Crisis Management Team and the new Emergency Preparedness Committee Chair
- Evaluate and revise the FEB Emergency Response Plan, including examination of backup communication tools (Twitter, Blackberry PIN, satellite phone)
- Identify and offer relevant, cost effective trainings, development programs, and forums
- Provide direction to the Leadership Development Program
- Expand pre-retirement course offerings (CSRS and FERS) as needed
- Offer training to support Administrative Professionals Day recognition
- Evaluate and support the ADR/Shared Neutrals Program, including offering mediator training
- Continue support and expansion of Health and Wellness Council programs
- Support OPM national initiatives with local events and support (Hiring Reforms, PMF Program, YGL, etc.)
- Support the annual Northern California Combined Federal Campaign
- Integrate Federal Green Initiative and Presidential EO to Cut Waste and Promote Efficient Spending into all FEB projects and internal operations
- Assist the FEB Board of Directors with new team building, bylaws review, and improved meeting content
- Continue and strengthen participation in successful community events (Public Service Recognition Week/Federal Employee of the Year Awards, Junior Achievement, Feds Feed Families, Toys for Tots, Federal Employee Emergency Assistance Scholarship, Feds Night at the Ballpark, Interagency Golf Tournament, Pro Bono Group).
- Explore federal agencies’ needs that FEB could support in the greater Sacramento area
- Identify collaborative opportunities with the Federal Regional Council