Outer Pacific Committee
The Outer Pacific Committee is an Interagency Committee, chaired by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, Region 9. We bring together staff working on programs in the U.S. Pacific Territories (American Samoa, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and Guam) and the Freely Associated States (The Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau). The purpose of the group is to share information about federal programs affecting the communities and work on common issues. For more information about the Outer Pacific and how they govern see, Outer Islands Formation, Governance, and Descriptions.
Contact: If you work on Pacific Island issues and want to learn more about this group or sign up for our email distribution list, contact Mr. Subroto Banerji, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, at 415-437-8114 or Subroto.Banerji@hhs.gov.
Important Links & Documents
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- The Federated States of Micronesia
- The Republic of Palau
- American Samoa
- Agency for International Development
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of the Interior, Office of Insular Affairs
- Department of State, East Asia, and Pacific Affairs
- Environmental Protection Agency, Pacific Office