Next Meeting: November 16th @ 1:00, 90 7th St. 5-010, San Francisco
What is the Tribal Committee?
The Tribal Committee is made up of federal managers and staff who work with Native American Tribes throughout the west. Most of the members are located in the Bay Area, and we include staff from Arizona, Nevada, and northern California. The purpose of the group is to share information about federal programs affecting tribes. One of the main goals of the group is to become familiar with other federal Tribal programs so everyone can become an ambassador to the Tribes and be able to represent the Federal Government’s programs. The committee members share their upcoming events and encourage federal staff from other agencies to attend.
If you work on tribes and want to learn more about this group and get on its distribution list, contact, Sara Russell, email@example.com, 415-625-7723.
Pacific Southwest Links
- EPA Regional Tribal Operations Committee
- HUD Southwest Office of Native American Programs
- Department of Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service – California
- Department Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service – Phoenix
- Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service – Tucson
- Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service – Navajo
- Tribal Leaders Directory, BIA
- Federally Recognized Tribes, Federal Register Notice
- U.S. Map of Federally Recognized Tribes, BIA
- BIA FAQs
- BIA – Office of Self-Governance
- HHS – Administration for Native Americans
- Federally Recognized Indian Tribes and Resources for Native Americans
Committee Meeting Notes