The Veterans Federal Employment Collaborative (VFEC) is a community of federal agencies, hiring officials, Veteran Employment Program Offices (VEPO), and citizens, within the western United States, working together to improve the employment opportunities of our transitioning Service Members and Veterans. The VFEC fosters an environment of cooperation and communication to eliminate or reduce barriers to Veterans’ employment, share best practices regarding recruitment of transitioning Service Members and Veterans, and provide special assistance for any Veteran, especially those who are disabled, during the federal employment process.
Mission: Coordinate efforts between stakeholders and organizations of the VFEC, in order to get “one more Veteran hired.”
Purpose: Connect specialized veteran experiences and skillsets with critical vacancies within the federal workforce, by;
- Facilitating discussions among federal partners on the utilization of special hiring authorities (SHA); best practices for using the VA’s Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) and DoD’s SkillBridge (DoDSB) programs; identification of critical vacancy needs; and promoting those needs across multiple hiring platforms and employment networks.
- Communicating open opportunities, resume building techniques, and interview development strategies to applicants seeking career transition.
- Streamlining recruiting efforts by connecting agencies directly with qualified applicants, utilizing meetings, messaging, and hiring platforms.
- Enabling qualified candidate selection by agency hiring authorities, while promoting Veteran contributions and values to the organizations, and meeting the intent of Executive Order 13518, Employment of Veterans in the Federal Government.
- Objective: Develop solutions to assist Federal Agencies meet their Veteran recruiting goals; connect quality, qualified candidates with hiring officials; and fill critical workforce shortfalls.
Also join us on Social Media at:
LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/14059632/